- 18th January 2018: “The Impact of Social Connections on the Vectors of International Trade”. Talk by Ana Ramazashvili, Tbilisi State University, Tbilisi.
- 20th December 2017: “Informality and Power Relations in Flea Markets in Georgia and Armenia”. Lecture by Hamlet Melkumyan at Marburg University.
- 12th of December 2017: სოციალური კავშირები და არაფორმალური სავაჭრო ურთიერთობები ურბანულ სივრცეში/Social Networks and Informal Trade Relations in Urban Space (Tbilisi Case). Talk by Ketevan Khutsishvili at the Academic Symposium in Honour of the 180th Anniversary of the Birth of Ilia Chavchavadze Chavchavade, Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University, Tbilisi.
- 13th of November 2017: Entrepreneuriat et Survie, experiences post-sovétiques. Talk by Philippe Rudaz at the University of Fribourg.
- 9th of November 2017: Impact Investing and SDG Financing – the Entrepreneurship perspective. Talk by Philippe Rudaz at the Graduate Institute of Geneva. Link
12th of October 2017: Self-employment and informal entrepreneurship: results of an empirical study in Armenia. Talk by Philippe Rudaz.
19th of April: “Presentation of the VW Project on Informal Markets and Trade in Eurasia”. Talk by Zviad Mirtskhulava and Ana Ramazashvili at the Interdisciplinary Methodological Seminar of the TSU (Tbilisi State University).
- 30th of March: “Research Perspectives on Flea Markets in post-Soviet Tbilisi”. Discussed by Hamlet Melkumyan during the ARISC Networking Call, “The Study of Post-Soviet Georgia,” moderated by Stephen Jones.
- 18th of January 2017: “Kleinhändler und die Globalisierung: Informelle Märkte und informeller Handel in Zentralasien und im Kaukasus”. Talk by Susanne Fehlings presented at the “Kolloquium des Frobenius-Instituts”, Frobenius Institut, Frankfurt am Main.
- 12th-14th of December 2016: “Sost, Gilgit-Baltistan: A Village, a Road, and a Bazaar on the Edge of China.” Paper by Hasan Karrar presented at Fifth Asian Borderlands Research Network (ABRN conference, Dynamic Borderlands: Livelihoods, Communities and Flows, Kathmandu.
- 18th-19th of November 21016: “In Search of the Elusive Informal Entrepreneurs”. Talk by Philippe Rudaz presented at the Academic Swiss Caucasus Net Final Conference, Tbilisi, Georgia.
18th – 19th of November 2016: “Trading Through Social Networking” by Ana Ramazashvili; “Trade across the Border: Survival Strategy or Diplomacy” by Ketevan Khutsishvili; “From ‘Tshelnoki’ to Global Players: Some insights into (Chinese-) Caucasian Trade since the 1990s” by Susanne Fehlings; Conference Title:”Migration, Mobility Goods and Trade Networks in the Caucasus”; Friedrich Schiller University Jena, Germany.
3rd – 6th of November 2016: 3 Panels on Informal Markets and Trade in Central Asia and the Caucasus at the Central Eurasian Studies Society’s 17th Annual Conference, Princeton University (USA); Presentations by Hasan Karar, Philippe Rudaz, and Philipp Schröder; Susanne Fehlings, Roland Hardenberg, Ana Ramazashvili, and John Schoeberlein; Ketevan Khutsishvili, Zviad Mirtskhulava, and Aigerim Sarsenbayeva
2nd of November 2016:”In the Shadow of the New Silk Road: Transnational Linkages, Local Anxieties, and the Limitations of Rural Capital in a China-Pakistan Border Market.” Talk by Hasan Karrar at Harriman, Columbia University, New York.
- 1st of November 2016: “In the Shadow of the New Silk Road: Transnational Linkages, Local Anxieties, an the Limitations of Rural Capital in a China-Pakistan Border Market.” Talk by Hasan Karrar at Department of Geography, Central Eurasian Studies, East Asian Languages and Culture, India Studies, and International Studies, Indiana University, Bloomington.
- 24th of September 2016: Presentation of the project by Susanne Fehlings at Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University, Faculty of Humanities, Institute of Ethnology and Ivane Javakhishvili Institute of History and Ethnology, Department of Ethnology of Georgia, Association of Anthropologists of Georgia; საერთაშორისო სამეცნიერო კონფერენცია/ International Scientific Conference: ეთნოკულტურული ადაპტაციისა და ინტეგრაციის პროცესები მულტიკულტურულ საქართველოში/ Problems of Ethnocultural Adaptation and Integration Processes in Multicultural Georgia; პროგრამა / Program 23-24 სექტემბერი/ September 2016; თბილისი / Tbilisi, Georgia.
14th – 18th of August 2016: “Marshutka Mobility, Urban Spaces and Embodiment: A Visual Study” by Ana Ramazashvili; Summer School Title: “Space, Mobility and Transformation: Theories, Methods and Empirics”; Bishkek and Issyk-Kul, Kyrgyzstan.
5th – 6th of June 2016:“Alternative Flea Market in Tbilisi” by Ana Ramazashvili; Conference Title: “Youth Overviews to Caucasus III: Caucasusand Beyond with its Language, Literature, Arts, Economy, Sociology, History and Culture”, Ardabil, Iran.
- 4th of June 2016: Project poster presentation by Susanne Fehlings, Goethe University Frankfurt, Anthropology Department, Germany. Poster PDF
- 16th-17th of May 2016:”Economic interactions across the Post-conflict borderline (case of Zugdidi region)”. Talk by Ketevan Khutsishvili at the International Scientific Conference “Culture, Identity, Politics”, organized by TSU and YSU, Tbilisi (Georgia).
- 22nd-23rd. of April 2016: “Communication within the de facto borderzone (Zugdidi district)”. Talk by Ketevan Khutsishvili at the International Scientific Conference of Kartvelology: Past, Present and Future, dedicated to 140 anniversary of Ivane Javakhishvili, orginized by TSU, Tbilisi (Georgia)